Event Date: September 23, 2017
Celtic Classic Shortbread Contest
- Place six (6) pieces of shortbread per category on an unmarked paper plate covered with plastic wrap for each entry submitted for judging. Your plate will be given a number upon registration.
There are two categories for adults, Traditional and Nontraditional.
- Traditional is made using the primary ingredients of flour, butter, and sugar: Other ingredients will not disqualify the shortbread as traditional, but should not materially alter the traditional taste.
- Nontraditional may include any other ingredient in whatever quantities.
- To encourage young bakers, there will be an award for the best in Junior baking for those under the age of 16.
- You may enter both categories, but each entry requires 6 pieces of shortbread from a different recipe.
- You are not eligible if you are a food professional or someone who bakes and sells baked goods as a business.
- Shortbread will be judged on taste, texture, and appearance.
- All Shortbread entries must be submitted to the Children’s Activity Tent in Celtic Heritage Hollow between 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. on Saturday morning.
- Judging of the Shortbread will be at 1:00 p.m. at the small stage in the Celtic Heritage Hollow Area.
- The decisions of the three judges will be final.
- Three Ribbon awards will be given for 1st place in the two categories of Traditional and Nontraditional and then the Junior Award.
It is free to compete. Please download the registration form and bring with you to Celtic Classic that day. We will also have blank forms available.